Permaculture without the Sacred is WholeFoods. Interview with PermaMythologist Willi Paul by Sue Lebeck, Initiatives Director, Innovating Smart
Enjoy the interview by clicking here!
Please see Willi’s Joseph Campbell Foundation article as vision map.
* * * * * * *
- I pride myself on getting out of the box, even though I’m sort of in a [skype] box today:-). I am trying to work collaboratively across the planet… I am very aware of my creative process and involving other voices. I’ve written 8 myths… and am interested in different archetypes and alchemies.
- Based on Campbell’s Hero’s Journey, I am writing new myths, and am actively looking for feedback. I am purposely writing guidelines to the future. We have to get prepared for a new world. The transition we're in now can be either successful or fail. We need new stories, we need to take risks, to consider where we're going, and we need new tools, and new songs and symbols, to spur us on, to stir our imagination.
- One of my new myths is called The Permaculture King. In The Permaculture King, there is an old man who has a shack in the corner of the schoolyard… He teaches kids about gardening, composting, reuse and recycling. He is a modern day OZ – an OZ without a curtain.
- I would assume Joseph Campbell would be both applauding and shrinking to read the stuff I write. I want people to see themselves [in these stories]. I want them to take lessons away about science, about the transition, to learn new tools. I do want people to see universal, archetypal values. I am not shy about talking about the sacred and the spiritual. I am trying to hit these things at multiple levels.
- What I know about permaculture and permaculturists is that they are highly sensitive to natural resources, their use, designing to the lay of the land, improving the economic and cultural structures, using localization. They are people who want to be self-sufficient without being survivalists. These are small-ego folks, generous with their experiences, who want to teach people and get them on board.
Show Topics -
(+) 8 Myths
(+) New Alchemies
(+) Campbell’s Hero, Journey Initiation
(+) Living in Myths
(+) Guidelines for the Future
(+) Transition Period
(+) New Tools, Songs and Symbols
(+) Auger for a Future Place
(+) Visions via Myth
(+) Personal & Universal
(+) Global Myths
(+) Core Principles in Permaculture
(+) New Spirit
(+) Beyond Formal Religious Dogma
(+) Innovative Spark of Alchemy
(+) Web as Info Transfer
* * * * * * *
Ready to be MegaMythic?
at openmythsource – reservoir